The adoption of heavily ascetic and pessimistic worldviews on this blog is so outrageous that I feel uncomfortable even looking at it. All this anguish in the words, combined with the grey and cheerless color scheme makes those blood red words at the top of the page like excruciating slashes across my very being. Perhaps lingzhang was farsighted when he applied that primary school theme to the blog, for at least the cheerfulness of that blogskin would have reduced the gloom. Had I expected how shida was going to write so much about “hardwork” and its deceitful merits I would have definitely applauded lingzhang’s decision then.
Well, I guess the bad philosophies have stayed as the latest posts for as long as I could tolerate, and the irritation has managed to drive even such a procrastinator as I to get out of my lazy routine of sleeping, eating, and playing revelation to actually write a blog post. Of course the true reason is that revelation is down, but that is irrelevant, for what I wish to express is the same, whether or not the revelation server has crashed. So here i have come to set things right.
It seems that everyone is feeling the stress of promos. Seems that those who complain about the “rat race”, as shida referred to, are too but hypocrites stuck under the pressure they are unable to get out of. Though it is a feat to realize the wrongs of society, they have achieved no further than this helpless realization, for they still suffer the pain of being driven to overwork, and that is why they whine. Should they be true masters of their own situation they would not be pressured in the first place, and so the complaining never even gets a chance to begin.
And it seems amusing here that shida has stated the exact opposite of what I feel. As far as I see it is perfectly rational to destroy those useless societal goals that don’t matter at all for the individual, and establish a utopian, of course hedonistic world where such pointless things are banished. But of course due to most being already indoctrinated by society to feel that there is actually a separation between the good and the evil; a quality to outcomes beyond the immediately obvious pleasurable and not so pleasurable; men uphold this false emotion of justice, and as a result bring disastrous tragedies upon their own lives. You mention people’s expectations as if there is justification to such nonsense befalling the youthful population. Why, if people’s expectations are so important then I should be really happy, for I should expect others not to expect anything from me, and they are now the ones burdened with the responsibility carry it through and live up to my expectations.
Of course, no one is really going to take this blog post seriously, for most are just under so much pressure they just want to get some good results, get a high paying job, getting 10k or much more a month and then live in their busy world of materialism till their lives are snuffed out someday. Apparently for those already with their minds set on such a future lifestyle my words would have no convincing effect, for they do not understand the futility of the obsession of planning for the future and regretting for the past. But for those who can actually be enlightened, do realize that live is mostly concerned with the present. Get whatever you can out of it; ignore the past and the future, and you shall be blessed with happiness. I quote, “Hard works might pay off later, but laziness pays off now.” The former is a matter of chance, there would be still times where even your best is not good enough, whereas a simple afternoon of either sleeping, warcraft, or even just stoning on a chair doing nothing is bound to do you immediate good.
Lastly, true maturity is subjective, for I expect everyone to say I am just an immature and rebellious teenager with the “wrong” values. Apathy may or may not be a representative of maturity. Society asks of everyone to be cowards, and of course such people who fear the consequences too much to speak their own mind would often be considered “mature”. Being naturally talkative I disagree. But then again, if this indifference is due to laziness rather than the fear of retribution from society, then I say true maturity has been reached; for either a can of cold coke, slouching on a comfortable chair or a game of warcraft would all be far superior to wasting your saliva in an attempt to convince stubborn people. Of course, the most preferable option would be playing warcraft WHILE drinking coke ON the most comfortable sofa possible.
Ah, my blankets and pillows call for my presence in dreamland, and so I must be gone.
0 Comments
I've got something to say
Home