Hi haven't blogged for a super long time. Really SORRY to everyone, especially my 2klever gang that I haven't been in contact with you all for soooo long. :(((( Council takes up a lot of time...really a lot...
Anyway its all worth it! To me, we had the most wonderful school national day celebration I've ever had (and will probably have) in my whole life. A whole afternoon of exciting games to end off the Interhouse Championships season (yeah I was stuck at my booth so I couldn't play anything) and music blasting, free food, plus a superb evening/night concert to end off the whole thing! Building a stage and getting all the professional help was really very ex and the running of the concert was extremely logistically demanding. Even though I was a mere stagehand (aka saigang warrior) watching the concert by the side and occasionally carrying stuff up and down the stage, I felt that the atmosphere of the whole school was really wonderful and high. Of course I was super nervous and stressed throughout the whole thing because Mel Ho refused to tell me the scores for the IHC events earlier in the day and I didn't know whether we still stood a chance of getting 1st or not.
But in the end BUCKLE-BUCKLEY was VICTORIOUS! We've now won the IHC for 3 years in a row since it started, and this year was the best one, when me J1s took over the running of the house from the J2s, we were more than 20 points behind BW. We worked really hard and closed that gap down until the very last part where we even overtook them and they had to depend on the final event (Mr & Ms Singapore) to catch back up with us. Even though we faced many problems along the way (the other houses didn't make it easier for us) we still pulled through it and now I know so many more wonderful people from our house! Our winning of RBION shows that our house really does have it in us; its these kind of events which shows the true spirit of the whole house to come down and try their best, not just random sports where you have to hope that your house has a few special talents.
Let's see who contributed to our IHC from 2klever: Wentao played Weiqi and CChess, Jordan played CChess and Floorball, Ling Zhang played Pictionary and CChess, Ben played Weiqi CChess Bridge and Volleyball, Christian played Touch Rugby, Hyrum played Volleyball, Junren and I both played IChess and CChess. (Sorry if I left out anything ah) ALL OF YOU helped us to our victory!!! :) Imagine if we didn't have that last point from you, we would be in second place already.
Haha since I joined RJ and became part of BB House D i really believe in BB! Hope the rest of you feel the same as me too :)
Anyway after reading all your previous posts I realised how anti-social I've become and haven't talked/met with you all in a long long time. Council work takes up tons of time and I barely have time to do my own school work also. I'm forever short of sleep and keep sleeping in lectures which is really bad, I think my results are going to DIE completely for Promos. At least I'm enjoying myself greatly doing all this stuff for the school and working together with other very nice people all the time :D At least all the time and effort spent in IHC paid off! Even though its over now I have to concentrate on my own function which is Open House...I'm in charge of Befrienders and our first meeting was already very messed up coz we weren't that prepared. This basically means less (no) time for friends/outings again haiii...
Well hope you all are better off and enjoying yourselves :) Shida cheer up even if life is boring you can try to find ways to make it interesting! Yup and LIFE ROCKS so don't feel sad or give up or anything even when things don't always turn out the way you want them to! Be optimistic and happy! :)))))
Happy 42nd birthday Singapore!
0 Comments
I've got something to say
Home