(Skip next two paragraphs if you're a loser)
Yes, that time has come again. The highly anticipated and rare moment. The sweet and sour and joyful and sorrowful moment.
Yes, even though the moon is not blue tonight, it is the time for me to apply my pen to the rapidly decaying parchment of our blog. Thanks to the commendable efforts of our cherished friends wentao and shida, this parchment is once again ready and in good condition for me to apply my wisdom to.
Anyway, I think that everyone has had it rough these few days, what with the releasing of the not-so-desirable CT results and all. Personally, I felt that I have done quite ok with an "babab", but of course I want to do much better for promos. I mean, I too sometimes feel that my parents are unreasonable, say when they do not allow me to go out with friends or criticize me for petty reasons. However, my parents have always given me quite a lot of freedom and it is only reasonable to impose certain expectations upon me, as after all they brought me up and want the best for me. A phrase that comes to mind now is being "brought up by hand", which is used rather often in the book that I'm reading right now. It comprises both the obvious meaning, which is to say brought up without reliance on anything, and also a more ironic meaning, which is to say brought up literally "by hand", and whenever the main character does something wrong, he is bashed up badly by his overly strict sister.
after all your life is own and what they are asking you to sacrifice just to achieve impossible results that suit their own appetite at the expense of your freedom and happiness is more than whatever you will gain from those very results. Sometimes it is only right to stand up to injustice, but of course not in the Wentao-manner. Today he was just telling me about how he indirectly called his mum a bitch after his dad indirectly called him a dog. Rofl.
But of course this is not the main reason that I have decided to blog. As most people know (those who don't are losers)((Just kidding)), thursday was the interhouse basketball championships. I sacrificed about 2 hours of time and my dental appointment to watch part of the tournament, and I must say that I have absolutely no regrets at all. Standing at the divide between the two courts with yiding and watching with our mouths (at least mine) agape as the battle between the houses ensued with grim ferocity, I could almost feel the electricity in the atmosphere. Of course, I am talking about the boys' basketball; the girls' basketball is fun but not very intense.
But seriously all the people were damn pro. The rebounds and lays and shooting were pure imbar, and the tempo was really quick as well. See people like Ngiam and Fuginn owning the centre. However, the bad thing was that the games were all really rough. Everyone really wanted to win and were really aggressive. You could hear the shouts and yells and feel the rising tempers from 10 metres away. According to my classmate, and since there was only one referee, a lot of fouls weren't called, and anyway I personally saw some of the blocks were really nonsensical, like just anyhow whack the guy and bash him up so he won't score.
Still, it was very enjoyable overall and finally gave me a first hand experience of what a good full court game is like. In a way its more fun than watching NBA as firstly it is live and secondly what the people are doing is somewhat plausible, and not like completely unimaginable like jumping from the free-throw line and dunking. I am also really appreciating the amount of workload that councillors have to bear. Seeing Kovan juggling his time between managing befrienders and house meeting and organising IHC, and still trying to keep up with studies, I'm amazed that he doesn't just collapse with weariness. And the devotion that all the councillors have to their house is also really astounding. I clearly felt the divergence between the intent of watching the basketball IHC standing beside all the BB councillors. They were all cheering the bb bball girls' team like crazy even though the boys' side was much more exciting, and keeping count of the score all the time. On the other hand, I was just watching all the cool moves and drives and passing and occasionally exclaiming "Nice!!" whenever someone scores a nice ball, regardless whether it is BB or the opponent team, and I also had absolutely no idea what the score was.
Still, I am glad that the BB boys beat BW in the semis and is now proceeding to the finals, and even though the odds against the strong J2 MT team is dismal, they really deserve to be applauded whatever the results are.
0 Comments
I've got something to say
Home