Anyway it has been quite a fulfilling year for me. Some have told me personally that they think highly of me and that I have brought RIGE onto much great heights. As for myself...I dunno about that, I think I put in a lot of my effort into planning and organising and all that for guitar but have I really done THAT much for it? >.< Its an open question and everyone has different viewpoints I guess...
Well at least the final events of the year went quite well. Let's start off with AGM and handing over all that. The exco met up to decide how we would go about doing the interview and held all of them in one long morning session on Thursday in the September holidays. I was a bit disappointed by the responses actually because there weren't really any very unique and outstanding ones. But then again, that was expected and I got what I wanted to know, which was more about their leadership experience, other commitments, GPA, etc.
The discussion for the new exco also went off very smoothly. Amazingly we took only 2 hours to choose the whole new exco from the list of 10 sec 3s. Last year the exco took 2 whole WEEKS of recess and lunch and after-school meetings just There's only 11 of them from main ensemble and 1 guy didn't want to be, so just nice we added one post and make them happy let everyone be. I dunno why so many people asked to be chair/vicechair during the interviews, are they really that thick skinned? >.< There can only be a maximum of 1 chair and 2 vicechairs, so of course we had no choice but to disappoint most of them. Ah well, at least they mostly supported Hiok to be chair and we also thought he would be suitable. We also took so time to discuss about the vicechairs, then we just filled in the rest of the exco places according to what we knew of their character, TYM didn't have too many objections. I hope the sec 3s will be content and accept whatever their post is and put in their best to do their job well! Remember the aim for next year is GOLD WITH HONOURS! :D
Hmm at this point let me just backtrack a bit further to about one month ago...RAGE XI concert! Sorry I'm really lag, should have blogged about this long ago. Anyway this time I felt it was really much better than last year's one (: all due to the chair! (((: Haha no lah but really this time even though we had a smaller and newer venue at RJC Performing Arts Centre (and smaller means better acoustics and projection for guitar playing), we managed to OVERSELL our tickets even after adding seats!!! Great job to everyone who contributed to the selling of tickets, this time it has really been a success...it's the first time in how many years since we actually sold out and even oversold, and actually made money for our concert! Yay (:
I think the items performed were also well selected (by me). >.< There was a wide variety of styles and I gave a lot of the sec 4s chances to perform in small groups too as it was already our last time to perform in RIGE (and for some, last time performing forever). We also invited both our alumni and some performers from RGGE to guest perform! The emcees Arun and Walter were of course naturally funny and made the concert much more interesting, thanks to them (: Oh and of course I must not forget the really WONDERFUL FANTASTIC concert booklet this year which just OWNS all other years' booklets, designed by the great Liu Yichen! The only bad part about it was my horrible face, which Yichen thought should go along with the chairman's message :( Here take a look at the booklet:
Outer pages of concert bookletHaha nice eh? Rocks right! (: Yeah I managed to fight and get it printed on a nice card too (:
Hmm I must say the flow of the concert also went much better than expected. During the rehearsal just before the concert itself, in the afternoon, everything was just really messy and confusing. A lot of people messed up their songs and the exco piece just could not be considered a song. But then somehow we all worked together to get things together and the concert ran well in the end! Time to be egoistic: Even though I think my planning for such programmes like this concert is forever quite bad, my leadership skill will manifest and show itself when I'm under great stress. >.<>and give instructions to thousands of people at a time while answering another thousand people's questions at the same time!!! All at the very very last moment just before the concert was starting too! Haha well Eugene helped a lot too (:
So well...back to the present. All those are going to be memories...nothing more but memories. :'( Why must we grow up and leave our CCA and leave RI...I dowan lor!!! Hope I can try to forget that tomorrow during Prometheum Day, I must put on a big smile :D

0 Comments
I've got something to say
Home