Hi! A big thank you to everyone who came down for today's open house! I personally feel that it was a big SUCCESS!!! :))))
Well I was helping out as a CEC member. I was one of the few CEC members (out of the whole sec 3 and 4 CEC) who actually signed up for the whole day. I think there were only 5 of us. The rest of the guys who came down to help out only stayed for either the morning or afternoon shift. And then everyone else basically either a) had other other things on b) had nothing on but gave excuses to stay at home and slack or c) signed up for one shift but did not turn up at all >.<
There is this issue about the Rafflesian Spirit here. I do not understand why there were guys who gave excuses or even worse, signed up and did not come!!! So we thought we had enough people at first, then obviously we did not have enough as those who were expected to come did not and the few of us who were there were quite overworked. Good job guys, to those who came. Shame on you, those who didn't! Firstly, it is the duty of a CEC member to help out at such school events. It is what is expected of these 'leaders'. Furthermore, in the CCAL egroup, we are currently talking about how strong the Rafflesian Spirit was at the swimming finals. However, I must say I'm quite disappointed when I saw the attitude of those guys...I came down today not only because I had to, but because i WANTED to. I wanted to help out and actually play a more active role in the school. I think the same goes for all the others who came down, Weiyuan, Kia Liang, etc etc (err don't really know their names >.<) and I can see the school spirit is strong in them. But what about the rest???
Anyway back to the topic...I was ushering parents to LT3 for the talk by Mrs Lai, Director of Academic Studies. Very few people because her talk was for current Sec 2 students who wish to transfer to RI. So basically I was quite slack also so I went to atrium to hear the music being played again and again. Well while I was ushering I met Yixiang who went back to school to do project with his group...I talked to him a while and sorry Yixiang, I'm a bit disappointed too by your attitude towards the school and being a Rafflesian :( well at least you know that it isn't right to think that way.
After that was lunch and then Kia Liang and I met Yi Fei and Victor and decided to slack. We actually really wanted to see what RJC bus tour was like (and we actually wanted to see Shih Ee being a tour guide - and suan him duh) so we went to get tickets for the bus. Quite surprisingly they actually let us take tickets and board the bus >.< so yeah we took the RJC tour. Shih Ee's information actually was MOSTLY correct only (the part about FREE sharing of facilities is actually incorrect for your information). Oh and he actually has a nice habit of using the word 'actually'. :P
Then we returned back to RI. We found out that we were fired as LT ushers by Kexin! :O and our job changed to being tour guides due to the shortage of tour guides due to Rafflesians not showing the Rafflesian Spirit (see above). Just as we started our new job this group of 41 students and their teacher and 2 parents volunteers from Fengshan Primary came. We split them up and each person took 10 students around on the tour. I don't really want to sound elitist but I hope at least some of them can make it to RI, I was a bit disappointed when they couldn't answer stuff like humans are homo ___ or the elements that make up water. :( Brought them to LT2 to have a special talk by Mr Jeffrey Chan. (Eh what's his post in school ah? I forgot >.<) After that just finished the tour and brought them to sit down at RJC to wait for their bus.
I think this year's open house went quite successfully, considering all the construction work going on and the limited space to work with. I'm just a bit sad that we can't have booths to display our CCAs awwww but never mind, maybe next time...To be fair to the organisers, both students and teachers did a great job and I could see the stress in their faces today. Hope that we have more of this kind of Rafflesian Spirit shown in our RI boys and not the bad examples who did not turn up when they were supposed to!
Raffles jiayou! (in the Joshua voice) :)))
0 Comments
I've got something to say
Home