OK time for me to rant about DMP grrrrr!
For the information of those who aren't from RI, DMP stands for Differentiated Module Programme. Basically, in term 3 week 7-10, all our lessons stop except for stuff like Assembly and CLE. We get to 'choose' from a 'WIDE VARIETY' of modules from all the subjects and form our own timetable. OK so yesterday we were supposed to go online and submit our choices. Since it was first come first serve, a lot of people (like me) spent the previous night talking to friends and deciding which module they liked and wanted to take.
However, things do not always turn out the way we want them to...
This is the list of the modules I'm taking:
1. 10 hours of HCL (compulsory)
2. 12 hours of Facilitating Learning in Adventure Training (PE)
3. 9 hours of Mechanics of Structures (Physics)
4. 6 hours of Immunology (Biology)
5. 12 hours of Narrative Writing: Writing a Good Story (English)
Fine so HCL is compulsory. Then I wanted to take PE, and there are 3 different classes, but our HCL clashes with 2 of them, so I have no choice but to take the last option. Then together, PE and HCL somehow manage to nicely clash with everything else which i would have liked to take, like at least some Maths and SS!!! At first I tried those but I was far from meeting the minimum requirement of 48 hours of modules altogether. Therefore, I went to the next option - go to the same classes as my friends. Did this for Physics and Biology then realised I only had 37 hours altogether. How?! I had a few choices...something like Chinese Literature, Art and dunno what, and this English one. So of course I took the English one, which I still hate! :(
My DMP is completely messed up!!! I'm not looking forward to it at all :( Oh and does it look like I took a short while only before coming up with my (lousy) choices? WRONG! I went on at 9am and finally finished at 11am after trying tons of different combinations and failing again and again. The software didn't help either, with the page having to reload everytime I clicked on an option, i.e. just to choose one subject it takes about 30 seconds?
Well guys, aren't we talking about active citizenry in SS...? Hasn't Mr Yuen mentioned about petitions and boycotts during lessons...?
Who thinks we should come up with a petition or at least tell the school admin our opinions and feelings about this messed up DMP!!! :)
0 Comments
I've got something to say
Home