GLEE! the great storm is over!
Four have recovered the land;
Forty gone down together
Into the boiling sand.
Ring, for the scant salvation!
Toll, for the bonnie souls,—
Neighbor and friend and bridegroom,
Spinning upon the shoals!
How they will tell the shipwreck
When winter shakes the door,
Till the children ask, “But the forty?
Did they come back no more?”
Then a silence suffuses the story,
And a softness the teller’s eye;
And the children no further question,
And only the waves reply.
Hi. I thought that was quite a nice poem when i stumbled on it while doing the 1500 word lit assignment, one of the few I actually understand.
Not much to say la...today quite boring because of the RE congress. Actually that was quite nice, but during the presentation, especially the RGS one...everyone was like talking and I couldnt really listen so i got a bit bored. Its quite stupid...some ppl think they talk a few sentences wont really matter but they just dont understand that theres hundreds of ppl in the hall and a small minority talking already causes a high noise level. Quite happy that Quek managed to get into it...i think theirs was the only gep sec3 group.
gtg now bb
0 Comments
I've got something to say
Home